Food at kinder
We know food directly impacts a child’s energy levels and feel-good hormones
Subsequently, it can influence their behaviour and mood throughout the day. At kinder, we refer to food as go-go fast or go-go slow food.
Go-Go Fast food provides slow-release energy that supports focus and sustains children through a long day of learning. Go-go slow food is higher in sugar and gives children a quick burst of energy and feel-good hormones but can leave them in a slump, making it hard to get through the day. We encourage you to pack lots of go-go fast food in your child’s lunchbox.
Healthy snack suggestions for lunch boxes:
• Fruit (fresh or dry)
• Sandwich with wholegrain bread and a filling like salad, cheese, lean meat or falafel
• Different breads for variety: rye, baguettes, seeded rolls, pita bread pockets, flatbread, foccacia, rice cakes or Turkish bread
• Dips such as hummus or tzatziki with pita, crackers or vegetable sticks for dipping
• Potato salad, chickpea salad, quinoa salad, Greek salad or tabbouleh
• Leftover pasta, rice or noodles
Please note, we cannot heat or refrigerate food.
In accordance with our policy of NO NUTS, the following foods are not permitted: all nuts, peanut butter, nutella, muesli bars, and cereals and anything else containing nuts.
There may be children with allergies or anaphylaxis to other foods. This will be communicated to impacted group before the children start.
You can read our Food Policy here