Food at kinder
We know food plays an essential role in determining children’s energy levels and feel-good hormones
Food therefore can influence their behaviour and mood throughout the day. At kinder, we refer to food as go-go fast or go-go slow food.
Go-Go Fast food provides slow-release energy that supports focus and sustains children through an active day. Go-go slow food is higher in sugar and gives children a quick burst of energy and feel-good hormones but leaves them in a ‘slump’ that can make it hard to get through the day. We encourage you to pack lots of go-go fast food in your child’s lunchbox.
Healthy snack suggestions:
• Fruit (fresh or dry)
• Sandwich with wholegrain bread and a filling like salad, cheese, lean meat or falafel
• Different breads for variety: rye, baguettes, seeded rolls, pita bread pockets, flatbread, foccacia, rice cakes or turkish bread
• Dips such as hummus or tzatziki with pita, crackers or vegetable sticks for dipping
• Potato salad, chickpea salad, quinoa salad, Greek salad or tabbouleh
• Leftover pasta, rice or noodles
Please note, we cannot heat food for children.
In accordance with our policy of NO NUTS the following foods are not permitted: all nuts, peanut butter, nutella, muesli bars, and cereals and anything else containing nuts. You can read our Food Policy here