The Enrolment Process
- Denzil Don Kindergarten is NOT part of Merri-bek Council’s Central Enrolments.
- Although Denzil Don Kindergarten is not zoned, we do have a Priority of Access criteria; (1) children who meet the government Priority of Access criteria, (2) children with sibling(s) that attended Denzil Don Kindergarten, (3) children residing in Brunswick West (4) children residing in the Merri-bek suburbs of Brunswick and Coburg and in close proximity to the kindergarten (4) children from other suburbs, ordered by proximity to the kindergarten. You can learn more about the enrolment process, by reading our Enrolment Policy here.
- To place your child on the waitlist for 3-year-old kindergarten, please click here. To be eligible, your child must turn three before 30 April in the year you wish to enrol them. Please note, children cannot commence in the program until the first session after their third birthday. For families with a child turning three in January, February, March or April, we encourage you to click here to read our advice on the best time to start your child on their education journey. We STRONGLY recommend waiting until the following year – when they are four – to register them for 3-year-old kinder.
- To place your child on the waitlist for 4-year-old kindergarten, please click here. To be eligible, your child must turn four before 30 April in the year you wish to enrol them.
- To see all we offer, we encourage families with a child eligible to commence no earlier than the following year to come visit our centre for a tour. We offer tours from term 2 on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 10 am and 2 pm. Please call the kindergarten office or send an email to reserve a time.
- Offers of a Place are sent in late July. Within the Offer of a Place you have the opportunity to select your preferred group. Groups are allocated based on the return of all the required paperwork and other considerations. We do our best to offer families their first preference but this is not always possible.
For any further questions about the enrolment process, please email email@example.com or call the office on 9380 8420.
Sessional kindergarten is funded by the State Government and therefore, no Acceptance Fee or term fee will apply.
A fee of $25 applies to register your child on the waitlist.